Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Short Ends: Broom! Ragweed! Pollen! Mann National re-opens!


I think I need to move. As some of my older posts have stated, I have allergy problems, especially in the spring/early summer when all the dust, broom, pollen and other outdoor terrorizers mess with my system. Oh, I've had my allergy attacks in the past few weeks. NOT fun.

Where would I move to? Well, I'd make a move to a city where it's cinema that just had its tenth anniversary and is moving to a new home in a few months.

Yeah, that would be a good place to move to, wouldn't it? Queso fries and Porky's Pepperoni Pizza while I go nuts watching Weird Wednesdays and Terror Thursdays. Maybe one day.

In other news, the Mann National has surprisingly re-opened (debunking my original article) to show a godawful Zach Braff comedy. But it may not be open for long, as there are rumors of redevelopment for retail, in an area of town that already has enough of it. To which I say...fuck that! Keep the damn cinema open!

Say it to yourself, people: The National Drafthouse. The National Drafthouse....

What else: Goss and myself also are over at efilmcritic.com talking about why you should run out and rent Todd Field's gem of a flick, Little Children. There's also a piece on the end of the Gilmore Girls, but since I still haven't watched the series finale yet (I should be watching my tape tonight after work) I'm being VERY careful on where I surf to avoid spoilerage.

Jason
efilmcritic.com

No comments: