Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Short Ends: Look at the new Look!


As we're about to embark on a weekend of trying to figure out which screening of Pirates of the Caribbean 3 is the least busy (hint: if you're living in Victoria, BC, might I suggest going here this weekend), I thought I'd update and mention the nice new look of the blog which so far I'm enjoying.

Utilizing the new Blogger software, the columns are widened just a bit, there are new tag and link sidebars on the right, and you might have noticed that new banner on the top! I'm still working on THAT as well, so you may see a new one later this week.

(For now, the left-to-right includes me pointing a camera at you, friends of the VIFF group, Fergus The Dog pictured at the beach, dad and me at VIFF together, a wacky shot of myself dancing at the VIFF gala and a shot of my friends at SxSW this spring.)


My new camera is wonderful and I'm still working out some of the kinks. Not every photo I'm taking is flawless but that's understandable given the nature of the beast. Hopefully when the sun comes out later this week I can grab some new outdoor shots for my next Lazy Sunday contribution.

The reopened National Westwood (formerly Mann National, now run by an independent) is playing one of my favorite films, Paris Je'Taime, so if you're anywhere in the area, go line up and enjoy Paris beauty on one of the biggest screens in the world. The place also looks like it's turning into showing art house, foreign and independent, so if it turns out to be successful, then that might take the bite out of it getting redeveloped.

Some funny new updates on Laura's Funny Celebrity blog, and I'm hoping that she puts up a future post on why a particularly famous, former Alcohol Anonymous members probably shouldn't have Svedka Vodka as a sponsor for your next birthday party.

Also, coming soon to efilmcritic is a discussion on why you should watch The Fountain on DVD. Goss, Brian, Rob and myself will all be ordering you to run out and rent it, because you were too silly to miss it in cinemas. You silly bean.

Jason
efilmcritic.com

No comments: