Sunday, April 15, 2007

Short Ends: Lazy Qualicum Beach Sunday


Yay, I was sick again. After getting back from Austin and then getting a cold, I found myself trying to get back to the swing of things by going to movies, being an extra in a music video (see below post) and working hard again. Allergies kept me from updating this blog (yeah, another excuse, I know) but I've still been keeping busy.

So right now I'm sitting in my lazy jogging pants and my Issac Hayes Badass Cinema T-Shirt, drinking tons of coffee as I'm going between blog updating and talking with the parents. Relaxing in good 'ol Qualicum Beach on a beautiful and lazy Sunday morning.

New reviews on efilmcritic.com: The #1 movie of the weekend, Disturbia, as well as Grindhouse, doco We Feed The World & the godawful Canadian picture Love and Other Dilemmas. I also have an upcoming SxSW review of The Unforseen and the recent Canadian doco Sharkwater.

Also my pal William Goss and myself posted an article on why the North American populace doesn't get the recent, amazing Grindhouse experience. With a underwhelming first-weekend box office take, I am truly saddened that this great experience and love letter to cinema is going ignored by easily led automotons that would rather see Will Ferrell and Jon Heder skate gay and PG-13 horror films than inexplicably play on the first night of South By.

What else: Laura Kyle has an interesting new blog that's worth checking out (it reminds me a bit of Go Fug Yourself). Also, if anyone has thoughts on this kickass new camera from Canon, do let me know as I'm obsessed with getting a new camera prior to this year's VIFF.

I also still have an article on the Alamo Drafthouse experience to be posted this week, a bit delayed due to the fevers and coughing. Hopefully the exposure will help open up a few of these up north. *Cough* Vancouver *Cough*

Until next time,

Jason
efilmcritic.com

No comments: